2024 MOSBY WOODS SWIM TEAM
Assistant Coach Position
The Mosby Woods Swim Team, a NVSL Division 11 swim team, is seeking an Asst. Coach who can bring leadership, experience, enthusiasm, dedication, and good technical skills for the 2024 season. Located in the heart of Fairfax City, we have a large team with approximately 175 swimmers ranging from ages 5 to 18, as well as another 20 in our developmental Mini Mustang feeder program (ages 5 and 6). Our team has a rich history with the NVSL for over 50 years. Join our team and enjoy the small town feel at one of the fastest pools in the NVSL! For more information, you can visit our team site at https://mosbywoods.swimtopia.com/.
Assistant Coach Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head Coach in creating and implementing practice plans for swimmers at all levels of ability, including dry land practices in the event of inclement weather;
- Help manage and guide the junior coaches;
- Assist in conducting all team practices;
- Instruct swimmers in correct stroke, turn, start and finish techniques;
- Give swimmers constructive and appropriate feedback regarding performance and swim technique during practices and at meets;
- Assist head coach in preparing for all meets, collaborating with coaching team on swimmer eligibility and meet seeding;
- Attend all time trials, NVSL and FDL meets, and various social events;
- Assist in coordinating and attend Friday night pep rally activities;
- Assist in coordinating and leading appropriate team-building activities; this may be during established or outside of regularly established practices times;
- Maintain effective communications and working relationships with the Swim Team Leadership Committee and general membership.
- Previous coaching experience at assistant or junior coach level.
- Previous competitive swimming experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with children of all ages and ability levels.
- Strong knowledge of NVSL and USA swimming rules preferred.
- Effective communication, organization, leadership, and collaboration skills.
- Positive team spirit.
- Current lifeguard certification.
- Pool Operator certification (if not held; willingness to secure).
Interested applicants should submit an application with a resume and cover letter via the 2024 Coaching Application google form. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org