The North Springfield Swim Club summer swim team, the Dolphins, is seeking one experienced Head Coach for the 2021 swim season. The Dolphins currently compete in Division 17 of the Northern Virginia Swim League (NVSL). The ideal candidates would have Head and/or several years of Assistant coaching experience, strong leadership and communication skills, the ability to connect with children from grades K-12, and a strong enthusiasm for the sport of swimming and instilling a love for the sport in young swimmers.
In our Head Coach we are looking for a high-energy, motivated individual to:
- Lead approximately 80 swimmers of all ability levels and ages in our developmental and competitive summer swim league
- Organize, implement, manage and direct morning and evening practices.
- Lead the team for all A- and B-Meets as well as time trials, relay carnival, and All-Star meets (if applicable.
- Instruct swim team members in how to use equipment and proper technique for swimming competitions and guide swimmers in proper sportsmanlike conduct.
- Coordinate and manage our assistant and junior coaches.
- Seed swimmers for A-meets in collaboration with the swim team representatives and assist swimmers in selecting events for B-meets.
- Coordinate the Little Flippers program—recruiting, instructing, and overseeing junior coaches—and ensuring the program teaches fundamental swimming skills to participants.
- Participate in team spirit activities when appropriate and requested by the swim team representatives.
- Coordinate and communicate with the swim team representatives for meet seeding, assistant coach managements, and practice schedules and cancellations due to weather.
Candidates will be considered if they have
- Previous Head or at least 3 years of Assistant Coach experience.
- A demonstrated history of providing swimming instruction to children of all ages.
- CPR, life guarding, and/or a pool operator license and/or the ability and willingness to obtain one.
- Ideal candidates will have experience managing assistant coaching staff, operating an engaging developmental program, and engaging older swimmers in supporting younger swimmers.
Interested applicants should contact us via email at email@example.com for further information.