|Job Title||Assistant Coach Position|
|JOB DESCRIPTION: Come join the Ravens family as an assistant swim coach! The
Ravensworth Farm Swim Team is now accepting applications for the job of Assistant Coach for
the upcoming 2021 summer swim season. The Ravens team is made up of approximately 130+
swimmers, ranging in age from 4-18 years old. We encourage our swimmers to demonstrate
good sportsmanship and team spirit, learn swim fundamentals and mechanics, and have a fun
summer as a Raven! During our 2019 summer season, we competed in NVSL Division 5, as
well as with the Fairfax Area Swim Teams (FAST) for “B” meets.
We hope to find an enthusiastic Assistant Coach who will support our Head Coach in managing
the swim team program by mentoring the deck coaches, helping to run practices, helping select
meet entries, coaching at meets*, and attending team social events*.
Ravensworth Farm pool is conveniently located in Springfield, VA, just off of Braddock Road
near the Capital Beltway.
- Teaching ability to work with kids from 4 to 18 years of age
- Previous coaching and competitive swim experience in the NVSL or similar league
- Ability to address both the developmental and competitive aspects of the team
- Enthusiastic and energetic coaching style that encourages team spirit
- A strong foundation in stroke mechanics
- Strong communication skills to interact effectively with swimmers, parents and team
- Lifeguarding certification and Pool Operator’s license
- Help conduct all daily practices which would likely begin Tuesday, June 1
- Assist head coach in preparing for all swim meets, including Monday nights, Saturday
mornings, two Wednesday evening relay meets, and concluding with the Individual All
Stars on July 31*
- Provide swimmer feedback at practice and meet
- Assist in preparation of Meet Sheets* with head coach
- Participate in special events including parent meeting, pep rallies, team social events,
and end-of-season banquet*
*Duties subject to change based on COVID restrictions and NVSL season plans
Deadline to Apply:
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Interested candidates should send their resume of qualifications and references to