|Job Title||Head Coach Position|
|JOB DESCRIPTION: Come join the Ravens swim family as a head coach! The Ravensworth
Farm Swim Team is now accepting applications for the job of Head Coach for the upcoming
2020 summer swim season. The Ravens team is made up of approximately 150 swimmers,
ranging in age from 4-18 years old. We encourage our swimmers to demonstrate good
sportsmanship and team spirit, learn swim fundamentals and mechanics, and have a fun
summer as a Raven! During our 2019 summer season, we competed in NVSL Division 5, as
well as with the Fairfax Area Swim Teams (FAST) for “B” meets.
We hope to find an enthusiastic Head Coach who will manage the swim team program by
mentoring the deck coaches, helping to run practices, helping select meet entries, coaching at
meets, and attending team social events.
Ravensworth Farm pool is conveniently located in Springfield, VA, just off of Braddock Road
near the Capital Beltway.
- Teaching ability to work with kids from 4 to 18 years of age
- Previous coaching and competitive swim experience in the NVSL or similar league
- Ability to address both the developmental and competitive aspects of the team
- Enthusiastic and energetic coaching style that encourages team spirit
- Strong foundation in stroke mechanics
- Strong communication skills to interact effectively with swimmers, parents and
- Lifeguarding certification and Pool Operator’s license
- Help conduct all daily practices which begin June 1 and run through the month of
July. *pending COVID restrictions
- Prepare for and attend all swim meets, including Monday nights, Saturday
mornings, two Wednesday evening relay meets, and concluding with the
Individual All Stars on July 31.
- Provide swimmer feedback at practice and meets
- Prepare the Meet Sheets with assistant coach
- Participate in special events including parent meeting, pep rallies, team social events, and end-of-season banquet
Deadline to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Duties for the upcoming 2021 swim
season are contingent on the NVSL season availability and the neighborhood pool regulations
for the COVID-19 pandemic.
Interested candidates should send their resume of qualifications and references to