The Broyhill Crest Barracudas swim team seeks an assistant coach for the 2020 NVSL season. The assistant coach will work directly with the head coach developing our team of about 70 swimmers. We are looking for an individual with a love of the sport of swimming, solid stroke development and technical skills, and the ability to share this knowledge with young swimmers.
- Participate and assist with practices designed by the head coach (afternoon practices May 26-June 12, morning practices beginning June 15, additional stroke and turn clinics)
- Provide instruction and feedback on correct stroke, turn, start and finish techniques
- Attend all meets (home and away) and all required team social events
- Organize and facilitate pep rallies (Friday evenings)
- Communicate effectively with the head coach, swim team representatives, and swim team families
- Thorough knowledge of USA swimming rules, and NVSL or similar league rules
- Communication, organization, leadership, and collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly with children
- Current lifeguard and CPR/AED certifications
- Previous competitive/collegiate swimming experience
- Pool Operator license prior to the start of the season
Interested applicants should submit a resume and references to Broyhill Crest team reps Kristan Gutowski firstname.lastname@example.org and Kathleen Fay email@example.com.