Rolling Forest Tidal Waves is currently seeking an Assistant Swim Coach for the 2020 summer swim season who will work closely with the Head Coach to develop swimmers. We have a small team of swimmers who love to compete and have fun. Practices are held in the afternoons Mon-Fri between May 26th and June 12th, then switch to the morning starting on June 15th.
The Tidal Waves are looking for an individual who demonstrates a love for the sport of swimming. The candidate should have solid stroke development and technical skills as well as the ability to share this knowledge with young swimmers.
- Actively participate and assist with the running of practices designed by the Head Coach.
- Swimmer instruction on correct stroke, turn, start and finish techniques at all youth age levels ranging from 6 - 18.
- Continually provide to all swimmers feedback regarding swim techniques & performance both during practice and at meets.
- Attend all meets (home and away) and attend all required team social events
- Demonstrate effective communication with the Head Coach, other team staff, and swim team parents.
- Previous coaching experience instructing children of all ages and ability levels
- Thorough knowledge of USA swimming rules, as well as NVSL or similar league experience.
- Effective communication, organization, leadership, and collaboration skills, including an understanding of how children learn, while having the ability to communicate clearly and directly with them.
- Current lifeguard and CPR/AED certifications.
- Previous competitive/collegiate swimming experience.
- Pool Operator license prior to the start of the season.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and references by email to Kwon and Kat at email@example.com.