JOB DESCRIPTION: The Greenbriar Dolphins Swim Team is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach for the 2020 summer swim season. The Greenbriar Dolphins Swim Team is made up of approximately 140 swimmers ranging from ages 4 to 18 years. Our goals include becoming the best swimmers and teammates we can, developing good sportsmanship and most of all having fun!
Greenbriar is located in Fairfax. For the 2019 season, the team competed in NVSL Division 6 and the Western Fairfax Developmental League (WFDL)
- Teaching ability to work with kids from 4 to 18 years of age
- Competitive swim experience
- Previous coaching experience in the NVSL or similar league
- Able to address both the developmental and competitive aspects of the team
- Enthusiastic and energetic with the goal of helping build team spirit and camaraderie
- A strong foundation in stroke mechanics
- Strong communication skills to interact effectively with swimmers, parents and team management
- Lifeguarding certification and Pool Operator’s license
- Attend NVSL Coaches Clinic (time/date TBD)
- Help conduct all daily practices which begin Tuesday, May 26th.
- Assist head coach in preparing for all swim meets
o Meets are Monday nights, Saturday mornings, two Wednesday evening relay meets, concluding with the Individual All Stars on August 1.
- Provide swimmer feedback
- Attend special meetings including parent meeting prior to start of season
- Assist in preparation of Meet Sheets with head coach
- Participate in special events including pep rallies and team social events
- Participate in end of season awards banquet
Deadline to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should send their resume of qualifications and references to firstname.lastname@example.org