|Job Title||Assistant Head Swim Coach|
CROSSPOINTE CRUISERS ASSISTANT HEAD SWIM COACH JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: ASSISTANT HEAD SWIM COACH
Under the direction and supervision of the Head Coach and Team Representative, the Assistant Head Coach is responsible for the operation of the swim team including organizing, completing assigned tasks, communicating with parents, and working with swimmers. The Assistant Head Coach will also help guide assistant and junior coaches in these areas.
The Crosspointe Cruisers is an NVSL Division 3 swim team. We are located in Fairfax Station,
VA. We have a large team with approximately 200 swimmers and divers ranging in age from 5 to 18.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Must be CPR certified or willing to be certified prior to the first practice. Must be willing to obtain a pool operator license.
3. Minimum two years coaching experience.
4. Must pass a background check.
1. Competitive swimming
2. Instruction of amateur swimmers
1. Supervise the swimmers during practices, meets and any other swim periods. Ensures the safety of all swimmers.
2. Teach proper stroke techniques while coaching.
3. Handles all swim meet preparation, including equipment set-up.
4. Helps organize and attends weekly pep rallies and social functions.
5. Distributes awards.
6. Leads daily practices.
7. Assists in creating line-ups for all swim meets.
8. Assists with the preparation, operation and clean-up of home swim meets.
9. Works with the assistant coaches on time management, practice structure, award distribution procedures, record keeping for swimmers, and overall aptitude for coaching.
10. Works with all coaches on meet set-up, reaction of line-ups, creation of workouts, practice development, and award distribution.
11. Attends and participates in coaches’ meetings.
12. Records swimmers’ meet results.
13. Performs the job in compliance with and enforces all team, pool and NVSL policies, and procedures. Familiar with, follows and enforces USA Swimming Minor Athlete Protection Policy (MAAPP)
14. Reports unusual maintenance problems or irregularities to the Team rep and/or Pool Manager.
15. May need to perform additional duties as assigned by Team Rep or Head Coach.
Require the ability to stand and walk for long-hours while coaching. Requires the ability to reach and pull to demonstrate technique to swimmers or to obtain supplies. Also requires the ability to crouch or stoop to to reach the swimmer’s level while in the pool. Ability to see swimmers and talk to swimmers is required. Also must be able to demonstrate proper swimming technique in and out of the pool.
Must be able to follow directions and communicate in English verbally. Must be able to read, write, and understand materials printed in English. Must possess good problem-solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
The main pool is located at 8275 Glen Eagles Lane, Fairfax Station, VA 22039. The hours will vary based on practice and meet times. Practices for all swim groups occur every weekday afternoon from the Tuesday after Memorial Day until the end of the Fairfax County school year. Practices for all swim groups occur every weekday morning from the end of the Fairfax county school year until the end of July. The assistant head coach must also attend NVSL Saturday morning meets, Divisions, and All Star Divisonals, Wednesday afternoon Divisional Relay, and All Star Relay meets, Monday night developmental meets, Friday night Pep Rallies, pre-season parents meeting and certain social events and end of the year Banquet.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Candidates should apply no later than February 15, 2020. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified and interviews will occur in late /mid/late-February 2020. Interested candidates should send their resume of qualifications and references to firstname.lastname@example.org