2020 MOSBY WOODS SWIM TEAM
Assistant Head Coach Position
The Mosby Woods Raiders, a NVSL Division 7 swim team, is seeking an Assistant Head Coach who can bring energy, enthusiasm, motivation and good technical skills for the 2020 season. Located in the heart of Fairfax City, we have a large team with approximately 150 swimmers ranging from ages 5 to 18, as well as another 20 in our developmental Guppy feeder program (ages 5 and 6). Our team has a rich history of over 50 years with the NVSL. Join our team and enjoy the small town feel at one of the fastest pools in the NVSL! For more information, you can visit our team site at https://mosbywoods.swimtopia.com/.
- Knowledge in competitive swimming and training techniques as well as best practices
- Knowledge of NVSL rules and procedures preferred
- Past coaching experience working with children and competitive swimmers
- Excellent communication skills with swimmers, coaches, and parents;
- Experience developing meet sheets preferred
- Current pool operator’s license (or willingness to obtain one)
- Current Lifeguard and/or CPR/Water Safety certification
- Willingness to complete new NVSL SafeSport certification (abuse prevention training) in Spring 2020
- Support the Head Coach in all aspects of the Mosby Woods swim team, including development of creative, engaging, and challenging practices.
- Attend all NVSL meets (Dual, Relay, Divisional, and All Star) as well as Fairfax League Monday night meets;
- Participate in Social and Spirit-Building events including Friday Pep Rallies and Saturday away meet luncheons.
- Attend and aide in the preparation of weekly coaches meetings;
- Provide swimmers with immediate, positive feedback on progress and goals;
- Enthusiastically support and encourage all swimmers at all meets;
- Support the pipeline of younger swimmers while maintaining the commitment to the older swimmers;
- Build positive relationships with parents, swimmers, and staff as well as mentor junior and volunteer coaches.
If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.