|Team||Little Rocky Run|
|Job Title||Assistant Swim Coach for 2020|
The Little Rocky Run Stingrays participates in Division 2 of the Northern Virginia Swim League
(NVSL) and Western Fairfax Developmental League (WFDL) team and is located in Clifton, VA..
Our program is an inclusive, community-based swim team with a philosophy of fostering a love
for swimming to every member of the team, no matter their ability, and offering opportunities
during the summer swim season for personal development and success. Our schedule begins
after Memorial Day with practices initially Monday - Friday afternoons, then switching to
mornings after the last day of school (June 12, 2020) for Fairfax County. Swim meets are held
on Saturday mornings, as well as Monday evenings at both our home pool and at other host
pools in the area. The swim season concludes on or around the 1st weekend in August.
The Little Rocky Run Stingrays, is currently seeking a candidate for the position of Assistant
Swim Coach for the 2020 summer swim season who will operate under the direction of the
Head Coach and in accordance with the goals & objectives of the LRR Stingrays team.
Candidates applying for this position should possess a strong swim coaching background,
preferably with the NVSL or a similar competitive swim league. The candidate should have
solid stroke development and technical skills and the ability to share this knowledge with young
swimmers. The Stingrays are looking for an individual who demonstrates a love for the sport of
swimming, as well as the principles of good-sportsmanship.
- Actively participate and assist with the implementation and running of practice plans
designed by Head Coach;
- Swimmer instruction on correct stroke, turn, start and finish techniques at all youth age
levels ranging from 6 - 18;
- Continually provide to all swimmers, as appropriate, constructive and appropriate
feedback regarding swim techniques & performance both during practice and at meets;
- Collaborate and support the Head Coach at meet seeding;
- Attend all time trials, NVSL, WFDL home and away meets, including helping set up and
run the swim meets (as deemed necessary by the Head Coach) and attend all required
team social events
- Demonstrate effective communication with the Head Coach, other team staff, and the
swim team parents, as well as strive for a positive working relationship with all.
- Previous coaching experience instructing children of all ages and ability levels
- Thorough knowledge of USA swimming rules, as well as NVSL or similar league
- Effective communication, organization, leadership, and collaboration skills, including an
understanding of how children learn, while having the ability to communicate clearly and
directly with them.
- Current lifeguard and CPR/AED certifications
- Previous competitive/collegiate swimming experience
- Willingness to obtain team-subsidized Pool Operator license prior to the start of the
How to apply :
Interested applicants should submit resume and references by email to the Little Rocky Run
Team Representatives, Kristen Elder and Eileen Goff, at firstname.lastname@example.org .