Brookfield Swim Club, located in Chantilly, is now accepting applications for the Assistant Head Coach position for the Brookfield Swim team. The Assistant Head Coach teaches fundamental swim technique and communicates effectively with swimmers, parents and team representatives. Ideally this position will be filled by an experienced swimmer who has aged out of the NVSL.
The Assistant Head Coach supports the Head Coach in managing the swim team program: mentoring the assistant coaches, running practices and clinics, coaching at meets, and attending team social events.
Duties and Responsibilities Overview
- Under guidance of the Head Coach, coach morning and afternoon practices, coach swim meets.
- Open/close the pool as needed
- Lead and mentor assistant coaching staff
- Provide swimmer feedback
- Assist Head Coach as needed in preparing meet entries and oversee team performance at swim events.
- Attend all team functions
- Encourage team participation and foster a welcoming environment for new swimmers.
- Follow Club rules, Team guidelines and water safety guidelines.
- Other duties at required
The candidate shall have
- Multiple years of competitive swim team experience and experience coaching swimmers.
- A strong foundation in stroke mechanics
- Strong communication skills to interact effectively with swimmers, their parents and team management;
- Lifeguarding certification, First Aid, CPR and Pool Operators license
Interested candidates may submit their resumes by February 15 to the Brookfield Team Representatives, Imelda Kodrata and Andrea Kelley at email@example.com