|Job Title||Assistant Head Coach|
|POPLAR HEIGHTS ASSISTANT COACH for 2019 SEASON
The Poplar Heights Crush Swim Team is located in Falls Church, VA and is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Swim Coach for the 2019 summer swim season. We are looking for an experienced coach with a great attitude, strong stroke development and technical skills, team spirit and enthusiasm. Our ideal candidate will coach for multiple summer seasons. Poplar Heights competed in Division 11 during the 2018 NVSL season with a team of approximately 150 swimmers, ranging in ages from 5-18. Another approximately 25 swimmers participated in our developmental swim program, the Crush Course.
Evening practices will begin Tuesday, May 28, 2019. The morning practices will begin Monday, June 17, 2019.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Assist the Head Coach in leading all practices for the swim team, including all age groups.
2. Prepare and conduct time trials
3. Prepare for, support, and attend all NVSL Dual “A” Meets on Saturday mornings and all “B” Meets on Monday evenings. As well as, NVSL Divisional & All-Star Relay Carnivals, NVSL Divisional Championship Meet and the NVSL Individual All-Star Meet.
4. Conduct two evening practices per week.
5. Attend and participate in Swim Team social functions including the team photo, pep rallies, the end-of-season party and provide assistance with the distribution of swim awards.
6. The Assistant Coach is responsible for supervising all junior coaches and ensuring the safety and progression of all swimmers.
7. The Assistant Coach will ensure that all junior coaches are properly prepared for all practices and meets.
1. Previous swim coaching experience preferably in the NVSL or similar league.
2. Knowledge of competitive swimming and training techniques and best practices.
3. Experience working with children of all ages and varying levels of competiveness.
4. Passion for teaching proper stroke technique and sportsmanship.
5. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with children, parents, and coaching staff.
6. Experience managing swim meets and a coaching staff.
7. Must be CPR certified and have Pool Operator’s license (or willingness to get certified)
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Candidates should apply as soon as possible. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified and interviews will begin in early February 2019. This position will be available until filled. Coaching compensation will be commensurate with experience and in line with the NVSL survey that generates the average rate of pay and bonuses for assistant coaches for the applicable 2019 division. Interested candidates should send their resume and qualifications to Mary Beth DeLuca at email@example.com.