The Virginia Run Riptide, Division 5 (2023), NVSL Swim Team, is seeking an assistant coach for the summer of 2024, from May 27th (the day after Memorial Day) through July 27thh. The team is comprised of approximately 200 swimmers ranging in age from 5 – 18.
We are searching for an experienced coach with a great attitude, a love of swimming and an enthusiasm for working with swimmers of all ability levels. The Virginia Run Riptide swimmers compete in the NVSL and the West Fairfax Developmental League. Our philosophy and focus is to develop strong, fundamental, technical skills and a lifelong love of the sport of swimming.
The Assistant Coach will be responsible for:
- Assisting the head coach at all team practices and meets. NVSL meets are held on Saturday mornings, WFDL meets are held on Monday evenings. Also attendance at additional meets such as Relay Carnival and All-Stars.
- Assist in the preparation of Meet Sheets as directed by the head
- Assist in the training and supervision of all Junior/Senior
- Help plan, attend and participate in all swim team social
- The Assistant coach will be instrumental in helping create and maintain team spirit at all
- Attend with the head coach all NVSL training and coaching
- Any other duties assigned by the head
- Previous swim coach Prior assistant coaching experience preferred.
- Complete knowledge of USA swimming rules as they pertain to the four strokes, relays and of the NVSL rules and
- Ability to demonstrate and teach all strokes, turns, starts and finishes correctly (verbally and by in-water demonstration)
- Ability and experience working with children of all ages, ability and competitive levels
- Eligible candidates must be over 18 years old
- Fairfax County Pool Operator license, lifeguard and CPR certification (Candidate must be willing to obtain training prior to the season start-Virginia Run Riptide will incur initial training/certification costs)
- Background Check and USA Swimming Athlete Protection Training
Coaching Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience and in line with the average rate of pay for assistant coaches and bonuses within our current/future division. Interested candidates should send their resume and references to Katie Sanfield (VR Riptide Head Coach) at Katie.Sanfield@variptide.com and to Karen Harris (VR Riptide A Meet Rep) at Karen.Harris@variptide.com