|Job Title||Assistant Swim Coach - 2024 Summer Season|
|ASSISTANT SWIM COACH 2024 SUMMER SEASON
About our Team: Walden Glen Swim and Racquet Club Swim Team in Springfield, VA, was in Division 9
in 2023. We have approximately 100 swimmers (ages 5-18) with experience ranging from beginners to
year-round club swimmers. Our team focuses on building a love for swimming, enhancing techniques,
and having fun.
Feel free to ask for more information about the NVSL schedule.
We are seeking an experienced enthusiastic coach with a positive attitude and strong desire to
encourage swimmers of all skill levels (ages 5-18) to improve technique and achieve their goals while
cultivating a fun team environment. The Assistant Coach will be supported by 2-3 Developmental
Coaches and will assist the Head Coach.
* Assist the Head Coach with creating and leading practices for swimmers of all skill levels, ages 6-
18, including dry land, strokes, starts, turns, and finishes in a fun, safe, and positive team
* Collaborate with Head and Developmental Coaches to ensure all swimmers receive constructive
and encouraging feedback regarding development and swim technique to increase swimmer
retention and enjoyment.
* Assist the Head Coach with mentoring Developmental Coaches; collaborating to conduct
practices, manage meets, and coordinate team-building activities with Team Reps.
* Attend all practices, meets, team events (including social events and pep rallies), and NVSL
Coach’s Meetings and Clinics.
* Collaborate with Team Reps, and coaches on all meet sheets according to NVSL rules.
* Timely and effective professional communications with the parents, swimmers, coaches, and
* Prior coaching experience as assistant or developmental coach.
* Previous competitive swimming experience.
* Strong knowledge of NVSL and USA Swimming rules.
* Experience coaching all strokes, turns, starts, and finishes through training techniques tailored
to different learning styles, ages, and skill levels to compete, have fun, and enjoy swimming.
* General knowledge or willingness to learn Hy-Tek Team Manager software.
* Effective collaborator and communicator with children, parents, coaches, and volunteers with
strong organizational and leadership skills.
* Certified in CPR/First Aid, Lifeguard/Water Safety, and be a Fairfax County Pool Operator.To Apply: Please email your resume and references to the Walden Glen Swim Team Representatives at