|Job Title||Head Swim Coach - 2024 Summer Season|
|HEAD SWIM COACH 2024 SUMMER SEASON
About our Team: Walden Glen Swim and Racquet Club Swim Team in Springfield, VA, was in Division 9
in 2023. We have approximately 100 swimmers (ages 5-18) with experience ranging from beginners to
year-round club swimmers. Our team focuses on building a love for swimming, enhancing techniques,
and having fun.
Feel free to ask for more information about the NVSL schedule.
We are seeking an experienced enthusiastic coach with a positive attitude and strong desire to
encourage swimmers of all skill levels (ages 5-18) to improve technique and achieve their goals while
cultivating a fun team environment. The Head Coach will be supported by one Assistant Head Coach and
2-3 Assistant Coaches.
* Create and lead practices for swimmers of all skill levels, ages 6-18, including dry land, strokes,
starts, turns, and finishes in a fun, safe, and positive team environment.
* Collaborate with Assistant and Developmental Coaches to ensure all swimmers receive
constructive and encouraging feedback regarding development and swim technique to increase
swimmer retention and enjoyment.
* Supervise and mentor the coaches; collaborate to conduct practices, manage meets,and
coordinate team-building activities with Team Reps.
* Attend all practices, meets, team events (including social events and pep rallies), and NVSL
Coach’s Meetings and Clinics.
* Collaborate with Team Reps, and coaches on all meet sheets, designing entries according to
* Engage in timely and effective professional communication with the parents, swimmers, fellow
coaches, and Team Reps.Qualifications:
* Head swim coach or extensive assistant swim coaching experience.
* Previous competitive swimming experience.
* Strong knowledge of NVSL and USA Swimming rules.
* Experience coaching all strokes, turns, starts, and finishes through training techniques tailored
to different learning styles, ages, and skill levels to compete, have fun, and enjoy swimming.
* General knowledge or willingness to learn Hy-Tek Team Manager software.
* Effective collaborator and communicator with children, parents, coaches, and volunteers with
strong organizational and leadership skills.
* Certified in CPR/First Aid, Lifeguard/Water Safety, and be a Fairfax County Pool Operator.
* Background Check and USA Swimming Athlete Protection Training.To Apply: Please email your resume and references to the Walden Glen Swim Team Representatives at