|Job Title||Head Swim Coach - 2024 Summer Season|
Long Branch Swim Team
9100 Burnetta Drive, Annandale, VA
Long Branch Dolphins – Head Coach Needed
About Long Branch
The Long Branch Dolphins Swim Team, winner of the 2023 Division 16 Relay Carnival, is seeking a head coach for the 2024 summer season. We are an enthusiastic, caring swim teamcommunity of approximately 50 families and 100 swimmers, ranging from seasoned families with year-round competitive swimmers to families and swimmers experiencing summer swim for the first time. All have a home at Long Branch. Our newly renovated pool is located at 9100 Burnetta Drive in Annandale, VA.
The Dolphins seek a head coach to lead our team beginning with the 2024 summer swim season. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, well-organized, and dedicated to the goals of the NVSL - to develop in children a love for the sport, advanced aquatic skills, teamwork, and the principles of good sportsmanship.
The head coach will play an important leadership role in theLong Branch swim community and will partner with anexperienced junior coaching staff, two dedicated team reps, and a passionate group of parents certified as referees, starters, stroke and turn officials and other important roles to provide a meaningful and enjoyable summer for our swimmers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Nurture the growth and development of swimmers across all ages and abilities.
• Mentor and uplift junior coaching staff.
• Effectively communicate with swimmers, team reps and coaching staff.
• Lead Monday-Friday morning practices (two one-hour sessions divided by age and ability) and provide oversight and support for the Little Dolphins swim program (3-5 year olds).
• Provide coaching, encouragement, and motivation to swimmers at practices, Saturday morning divisional A meets, Monday evening B meets, Relay Carnival, IM Carnival, Divisionals and All-Stars.
• Develop practice programs, meet strategy, and complete weekly meet sheets with assistance from junior coaches.
• Prior coaching experience in the NVSL or at the high school or club level.
• A passion for mentoring junior coaching staff and developing swimmers.
• Crisp communication style and the ability to create authentic connections.
• Motivated self-starter and ability to lead as well as work collaboratively.
• The ability to establish a supportive environment which encourages improvement and fosters teamwork.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and the names and contact information for three references to email@example.com. References will not be approached until the final stages and not without prior permission from candidates.