Head Swim Coach-Winter Swim Program
Location: South Run Rec Center, Springfield, VA
The South Run Seahawks Swim Team is seeking an experienced Head Coach who is organized, has a lot of energy, and works well with kids (ages 6-18), for their winter swim training session. With over 150 swimmers of all capabilities on the team, the Seahawks have a long history of excellence, recently placing 2nd in Division 6 during the summer swim season.
With a focus on form, the winter swim training sessions enable 50 motivated Seahawks to continue working on technique in a low stress environment during the off season.
Head Coach applicants should be experienced in coaching swimmers across multiple age
groups, have a positive attitude of inclusion and teamwork, and have a history of communicating and motivating swimmers to achieve their goals.
Essential Job Task
- Create an educational, fun, safe and inviting experience for all swimmers, of all skill sets
- Develop swim team workouts and ensure coaching staff are capable of executing plan
- Provide developmental feedback and encouragement to all swimmers
- Participate in all Swim Team activities
- Available to lead all/most winter swim practices
- Provide mentorship and guidance to coaching staff
- Provides a safe, clean and organized pool area during practices
- Responds to member questions regarding swim programs, policies and procedures
- Communicate with winter swim coordinators
Education / Experience / Qualifications
- 2+ years of swim coaching experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming
- Red Cross Lifeguard training preferred
- Extensive knowledge of NVSL Rules
- Completed SafeSport training within the past 12 months
- May be asked to complete a background check
Swim Sessions: The team will meet at the South Run Rec Center on Sundays from 6-7pm starting on 10 September 2023 and ending on 19 May 2024.
Salary Range: $50 per session, plus mid-season and end of season bonus
To Apply: please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org