|Job Title||Assistant Swim Coach - 2023 Season|
|2023 Fair Oaks Sharks Swim Team
Assistant Coach or Lane Coach Position
The Fair Oaks Sharks Swim team, an NVSL Division 2 swim team, is seeking an Asst. Coach or a Lane
Coach. This individual should be self-motivated, with strong leadership and communication skills and will
be responsible for supporting the Head Coach and providing coaching and feedback to swimmers from
ages 5-18. The Fair Oaks Sharks practice daily, with the youngest swimmers starting at 8am and the
oldest swimmers finishing practice at 11:30am.
Assistant Coach Responsibilities:
• Provide coaching and instruction to all swimmers in correct technique and form, including stroke
technique, turns, starts, and finishes at team practices and meets.
• Assist the Head Coach in developing practice plans for swimmers at all levels of ability and
conducting all team practices.
• Collaborate effectively with other assistant and lane coaches.
• Help create an inclusive community for swimmers of all levels and abilities.
• Assist Head Coach in preparing for all meets.
• Attend and support Head Coach at NVSL Dual Meets, Time Trials, Relay Carnival, Divisional
meet, B Meets, All Star Relay, and Individual All-Star meet.
• Obtain knowledge of NVSL rules and policies.
• Attend team social events including pep rallies and end-of-season banquet.
• Previous swim coaching experience, NVSL preferred.
• Previous competitive swimming experience is strongly preferred.
• Experience working with children of all ages and ability levels.
• Current lifeguard certification, or ability to secure certification.
• Pool Operator certification, or ability to secure certification.
Interested applicants should submit an application with a resume and cover letter to Head Coach
Peter McDonough at firstname.lastname@example.org.