|Job Title||Assistant Head Swim Coach - 2023 Season|
|Crosspointe Cruiser Swim Team, located at 8275 Glen Eagles Ln, Fairfax Station, VA 22039, is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Head Swim Coach for the
2023 summer swim season. We are looking for a coach with a great attitude, strong stroke
development and technical skills, team spirit and enthusiasm. Crosspointe Cruiser competed in Division 2 during the 2022 Northern Virginia Swimming League (NVSL) season with a team of approximately 278 swimmers, ranging in ages from 5-18. Our swim program is focused on developing technical skills and a life-long love of the sport of swimming.
- Coached in the NVSL or similar competitive swim league.
- Developed swim practice routines
- Taught swim strokes, starts and turns
- Teaching ability, productive but fun practices
- Able to address both the development and competitive aspects of the team
- Communicate well with swimmers, head coach, and parents
- Enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated
- Able to work with swimmers from age 5 – 18, can command/earn respect of the older
Mandatory Job Requirements
- The Assistant Coach must be certified as a lifeguard and in CPR.
- Understand NVSL rules and swim meet protocols
- Help coach with all practices as required
- Help coach Dual swim meets, Time Trials, Relay Carnival, Divisionals, B Meets, and All Stars Individual and Relay.
- Attend as needed special meetings including parent meeting prior to start of season.
- Participate in special team events, including pep rally, socials and team picture.
- Participate in end of the season awards ceremony.
- Assist Head Coach
- Reports to Head Coach
Applicants selected for an interview will be notified for a for a phone or in person interview.
Interested candidates should send their resume of qualifications and references to