|The SOC Stingrays is a lower division team (Division 14 last summer) looking for a new head coach who can bring energy, enthusiasm, spirit and a love for swimming! We are a small group
of about 80-100 swimmers and Mini Stingrays with varying skill levels from beginners to year-round swimmers. Our team prides itself on balancing fun, good sportsmanship, and healthy competition. The Stingrays enjoy Friday night themed potlucks with swimmer recognition, Fun Friday swim practices, a progressive dinner for the older swimmers, popsicle races for the Mini Stingrays before Monday night meets, and an end-of-season banquet. This is a great job for a college student who wants to transition from an assistant coach to a head coach position.
There are currently several returning Assistant Coaches who swim for Woodson High and are familiar with the SOC swimmers.
Some responsibilities of the head coach that requires some level of experience:
The Somerset Olde Creek Swim Club is located a pool length away from Woodson High School at 9705 Laurel Street, Fairfax, VA 22032. If you want more information about our team, including tentative practice schedules, you may visit our website at https://socstingrays.swimtopia.com/ or check us out on Twitter and Facebook @SOCStingrays
- Manage, mentor and oversee teenage assistant coaches during practices, meets, and swim team events
- Work comfortably with teenagers, children and adults to include effective communication
- Develop age-appropriate swim practice drills
- Organize and run swim practices
- Oversee assistant coaches and swimmers at swim meets on Monday evenings, Wednesday evenings (Relay Carnival and Relay All Stars), and Saturday mornings
- Assess new/young swimmers during the first week of practice and assign to the swim team or the Mini Stingrays
- Teach technical swim skills including strokes, starts, turns and finishes
- Seed individual and relay entries for meets
- Enter information and generate reports using Swimtopia (if no previous experience, willingness to learn via on-line training modules)
- Solid knowledge of NVSL and USA Swim rules
- Fun leader of team spirit and pep rallies who is not afraid to be silly
- Lifeguard and Pool Operator certifications
Please contact the Team Reps at email@example.com. Can’t wait to hear from you.