About our Team: The Hollin Hills Bluefish Swim Team, located at 1602 Paul Spring Rd, Alexandria, VA is a charter member of the NVSL and has a rich history that spans more than 6 decades of competitive summer swimming. Our swim team swam in Division 14 last year and generally has 75-90 registered swimmers. Our swimmers range from first timers to All Stars who swim year-round. We do not have a Dive or Tennis Team, leaving the focus purely on swimming.
Our team operates in a low-stress, family fun environment with a strong parent volunteer base which handles the bulk of administrative functions throughout the season. This is a great opportunity for a head coach who is looking to build a program for a smaller team comprised of swimmers with a range of athletic abilities. Additional responsibilities are listed below:
- Prepare for, and coach approximately 15 meets during the season (Season starts the Tuesday after Memorial Day and ends the last week of July). Meet schedule includes:
- 5 Divisional Dual or “A” Meets held on Saturday mornings
- 3 to 4 Developmental or “B” Meets held on Monday evenings
- Time Trials Meet held in early June
- Divisionals (Individual and Relays) held in July
- All-Stars (Individual and Relays) held in July
- IM Invitational held in late July
- Fort Hunt Sportsmen Relay Meet held in June
- Oversee practices each week (Monday to Friday). Our practice schedule will include evening practices beginning on the Tuesday after Memorial Day and morning practices once school ends in mid-June
- Prepare meet sheets in coordination with Swim Team Representatives
- Develop and provide a performance review after each meet in coordination with assistant and other coaches assessing the team’s performance (DQs, technique, turns, individual and relay starts, etc)
- Attend and participate in all team social functions (Friday evening potlucks and season end banquet)
- Nurture the growth and development of top performers to help our team win meets and support their goals with year-end Divisional and All-Star Meets.
- Prior coaching experience at either the college, high school or club level is required.
- The ability to develop weekly practice schedules for varying age groups.
- The ability to effectively communicate with children, parents, volunteers and coaching staff.
- Experience managing swim meets and a coaching staff.
- Must be certified in CPR/First Aid and Lifeguard/Water Safety and Fairfax County pool operator certificate
If you are interested in learning more about this coaching position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org