The Highland Park Hurricanes are currently looking for their next head coach to lead our team of 120 swimmers as we prepare for the 2023 summer NVSL season. The ideal coach will bring a positive attitude and tons of energy to this amazing group of kids and parents. Highland Park is a mix of competitive year-round swimmers, longtime summer swimmers, and younger swimmers just getting their feet wet. We put a huge focus on sportsmanship and our team was rewarded with the Division 9 sportsmanship award in 2022! The head coach will be assisted by two assistant coaches and 3-4 junior coaches.
- 3+ years of coaching experience with at least 1 year of NVSL summer coaching experience.
- Experience working with both competitive club swimmers and developmental swimmers
- Good knowledge of creating swim and dryland workouts, seasonal plans and sets, and meet lineups.
- Strong communication skills to interact with the team reps, parents, and pool management.
- Certified in CPR/First Aid and Lifeguard/Water Safety
- Pool Operator Certificate (we will pay for your certification).
- Lead pre-season swim assessments to place swimmers on the Hurricanes or Tropical Storm.
- Conduct and lead all practices for both the Hurricanes and Tropical Storm (our developmental program for ages 5-7).
- Create workouts for all swimmers based on age and ability.
- Attend and coach all meets. This includes time trials, official NVSL “A” meets, developmental “B” meets, relay carnivals, divisional, invitational, and all star meets. The tentative schedule is included below but is subject to change by the NVSL and/or the Highland Park team reps.
- Provide stroke and turn instruction and feedback to swimmers for all strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly).
- Take the lead on seeding of all Saturday A meets as well as coordinating entries for the NVSL divisionals meet at the end of the season.
- Prepare for and attend the end of season awards banquet.
- Mentor and train the assistant/junior coaches.
- Provide weekly updates on the program to the swim team reps via email; and
- Communicate with swimmers and parents on swimmers’ progress as requested.
We are looking for a coach looking for a summer home for the next 2-3 years and are willing to include multi-year incentives. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in applying.