NVSL Swim News & Information
Are you interested in joining a dive team?Sun, 5-5-2019 | Joe Mattis
Athletes in good standing of an NVSL club that does not have a diving team MAY participate in another NVSL’s dive team. Membership and team fees vary by pool. Please contact individual pools for info. A list of NVSL pools with DIVE teams can be found here: https://DIVE.mynvsl.com/contacts/team-reps If you have any questions please contact Lynn Clark firstname.lastname@example.org.
NVSL Officials Reciprocity for USA Swimming/PVS Certification(s)Fri, 5-3-2019 | Joe Mattis
NEW FOR 2019 - NVSL Officials Reciprocity for USA Swimming/PVS Certification(s)
Effective for the 2019 Season, NVSL has adopted the following Reciprocity Rules for USA Swimming Officials:
- In lieu of the NVSL Stroke & Turn Clinic, current certification as a USA Swimming Stroke & Turn Judge may be substituted. High School clinics will not count. Attendance at a Stroke & Turn clinic every other year is required by the NVSL. Certified USA Swimming Stroke & Turn Judges who wish to substitute their USA Swimming certification for attendance at an NVSL Stroke & Turn Clinic should complete the Online Request for Reciprocity and notify their Team Representative. PLEASE NOTE - No email, phone or verbal requests for Reciprocity will be honored. The link for the Reciprocity Form is: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZPCFTXutvV6hpBF1gU8rCNJYUIA5itdsw-ePMeFR4nw/edit
- In lieu of attending the NVSL Starter Clinic, current certification as a USA Swimming Starter may be substituted. High School clinics will not count. Certified USA Swimming Starters who wish to substitute their USA Swimming certification for attendance at an NVSL Starter Clinic should complete the Online Request for Reciprocity and notify their Team Representative. PLEASE NOTE - No email, phone or verbal requests for Reciprocity will be honored. The link for the Reciprocity Form is: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZPCFTXutvV6hpBF1gU8rCNJYUIA5itdsw-ePMeFR4nw/edit
- There is NO NVSL Reciprocity with USA Swimming for NVSL Referees. All NVSL Referees must be a Current Stroke & Turn Judge (can use Reciprocity) and must attend either i) the NVSL New Referee and New Starter Clinics, or ii) the NVSL Referee-Starter Clinic.
NVSL Releases Seeding for 2019 SeasonSun, 2-24-2019 | Joe Mattis
The NVSL released the line up of teams into Divisions at its annual seeding meeting this afternoon. Here is the list for 2019
2019 1 Chesterbrook 7 Sleepy Hollow B&R 13 Canterbury Woods Overlee Dominion Hills Forest Hollow Tuckahoe Mosby Woods Shouse Village McLean Arlington Forest Stratford Highlands Swim Country Club Hills Brookfield Wakefield Chapel Waynewood Fox Hunt 2 Langley 8 Lakeview 14 Sully Station II Fairfax Fox Mill Woods Rolling Forest Little Rocky Run Sleepy Hollow Rec Holmes Run Acres Hamlet Camelot Comm Club Rolling Valley Dowden Terrace Virginia Hills Burke Station Hunt Valley Old Keene Mill Daventry 3 High Point Pool 9 Poplar Tree 15 Woodley Mount Vernon Park Sully Station Ilda Hunter Mill Riverside Gardens Herndon Donaldson Run Great Falls Lake Braddock Crosspointe Fairfax Station Hollin Hills Vienna Woods Brandywine Parklawn 4 Vienna Aquatic Club 10 Rutherford 16 Long Branch Hiddenbrook Hollin Meadows Village West Virginia Run Fox Mill Estates Parliament Oakton Somerset-Olde Creek Commonwealth Cardinal Hill Annandale Broyhill Crest Fair Oaks Laurel Hill Pleasant Valley 5 Lee-Graham 11 Cottontail 17 Lincolnia Park Ravensworth Mansion House Newington Forest Orange Hunt Highland Park North Springfield Kent Gardens Poplar Heights Springfield Walden Glen Fairfax Club Estates Pinewood Lake Sideburn Run Little Hunting Park Edsall Park 6 Lakevale Estates 12 South Run Greenbriar Kings Ridge Dunn Loring Hayfield Farm Pinecrest Rolling Hills Mantua Truro Homes Assoc Villa Aquatic Springboard
2019 Seeding MeetingSat, 2-23-2019 | Joe Mattis
Team Reps, Division Coordinators, Committee Chairs, and Executive Board.
The 2019 NVSL Seeding Meeting will be held Sunday, February 24th at Falls Church High School. At the seeding meeting the league will announce the division structure for the upcoming season.
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm New Team Rep Training (Side Cafeteria)
- 12:00 - 1:55 pm Vendor showcase (Main Cafeteria and Hallway)
- 2:00 - 3:00 pm General Session (Side Cafeteria) - committee updates, approve 2019 budget, rules change vote, seeding distributed
- 3:00 - 4:00 pm Division Coordinators meet with their teams (Various Classrooms) - share contact information, establish dual meet schedule, pick hosts for Relay Carnival and Divisionals
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME SWIMMING.....?
- More News