The Stratford Recreation Association (SRA) Sharks swim team is looking for an Assistant Coach for the 2018 summer season, our 51st season in the NVSL. This is a position to join the current coaching staff that includes the Head Coach and several Junior Coaches. The successful candidate should demonstrate energy and enthusiasm, prefer applicant have associates level education or equivalent experience, preferably certified in Lifeguarding /First Aid/ CPR, possess a depth of knowledge about swimming technique & training, have knowledge of current NVSL rules, prior experience coaching an NVSL or club team, pass a background check and not planning to be on a summer swim team in 2018. This position will assist the Head Coach at practices and meets, run practice make up sessions on Sunday and Thursday evenings, and will provide a critical role to teach and develop the strokes of all of our swimmers ages 5-18 (Shark pups and Competitive Team). This position will also provide guidance to our Junior Coaches and will be instrumental in helping create and maintain team spirit at all events. Opportunity to teach private lessons for additional income.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be available and on time for all practices, meets, team events from mid-May thru early August
- Actively and enthusiastically coach multiple age groups
- Assist Head Coach in preparation of meet sheets
- Foster principles of good sportsmanship and team spirit
- Work with coaching staff and team representative to organize team building and spirit activities
- Coach at all scheduled swim meets, and monitor all swimmers during A and B meets
- Provide instruction on swimming fundamentals (stroke technique, starts, and turns) during practice and provide feedback at meets
- Set up flags, lanes, pace clock, kickboards, etc. every day before practice
- Help provide swimmer feedback on progress and goals
- Help mentor junior/volunteer coaches
- Knowledge of Swim Topia a plus
Our seasoned Head Coach will be the immediate supervisor of the Assistant Coach and may delegate responsibilities for swimmers during practices and meets.
Interested candidates should send a resume with references and salary requirements to JLRivera68@yahoo.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Deadline to apply/first cut-off date is May 11, 2018. We plan to conduct interviews shortly thereafter (weekend of May 12th).
Stratford Rec Association
2300 Brinitzer Way
Alexandria VA 22308