Truro Swordfish swim team, conveniently located in Annandale right outside of the beltway, is looking for an Assistant Head Swim Coach for the summer of 2018. Truro is a growing program with 160 swimmers of all abilities. Our goals are to become the best swimmers we can be, demonstrate good and positive team spirit and sportsmanship, and have the best summer possible.
This newly created position will work with the experienced Head Coach in creating daily practice schedule as well as:
Duties and Responsibilities Overview
If interested, please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coach morning and afternoon practices, coach swim meets and participate in team functions.
- Open/close the pool as needed
- Lead and mentor assistant coaching staff, including organizing and overseeing the practice and coaching schedule.
- Prepare workouts, taking into account the varying skill levels of the swimmers
- Provide swimmer feedback
- Assimilate feedback from Team Representative, coaching staff and swimmers as appropriate
- Attend all team functions
- Encourage team participation and foster a welcoming environment for new swimmers.
- Other duties at required
- Excellent communication skills with swimmers and other coaches.
- Strong knowledge of stroke mechanics with the ability to teach it to swimmers of all ages and levels.
- Passion for teaching and able to instill a love for the sport.
- Multiple years of competitive swim team experience and experience coaching a team of similar composition.
Other Requirements for the position include:
- Pool operator’s license.
- Lifeguard and/or CPR/Water Safety certification
This is salary position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This job description overview is not an employment agreement or contract.