Hamlet Swim Club (HSC) is in search of an enthusiastic, committed assistant coach for the 2018 season. As an NVSL pool for 48 years, Hamlet, located in the McLean Hamlet neighborhood, is expected to be a Division 2 swim club in 2018, with multiple individual and relay all-star swimmers. We have a rich tradition of combining fun and sportsmanship with competition, and we can’t wait for you to join the Green Feet team!
Major duties will include:
- Assisting with afternoon practices (May 28-June 15) and morning practices (June 18 – Aug 3)
- Co-coaching and helping develop swimmers in the Little Feet program (ages 4-6)
- Attending and planning for all Saturday and Monday meets, as well as special events like the Divisional Relay meet, All-Star Relays, Individual Divisionals, and All-Star Individuals
- Setting up for meets with the Pool Manager
- Fostering team spirit by developing and attending team social events (pep rallies and age group parties)
- Assisting head coach in managing junior coaches
Requirements for the position include:
- Current Lifeguard, CPR professional rescue, and Fairfax Co Operators License are required (to be reimbursed by Hamlet Pool)
- Previous coaching and/or stroke instruction experience
- Competitive with other NVSL pools
- Many opportunities to supplement salary with clinics and lessons
If interested, send resume to Beth Palma at firstname.lastname@example.org, or text/email for more information, 214-417-4426.