The Woodley Warriors swim team is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Swim Coach for the 2018 season. The Woodley Warriors swim team is made up of approximately 130 swimmers ranging from 5 to 18 years of age. The team is comprised of a competitive team and a developmental team (Mini Warriors) for our younger swimmers.
Woodley is located at 7421 Camp Alger Avenue in Falls Church. Woodley just completed an exciting year in division 15. We are looking for an experience Assistant Coach with the following qualifications.
- Coached in the NVSL or similar competitive swim league.
- Developed swim practice routines
- Taught swim strokes, starts and turns
- Competitive swim experience
- Teaching ability, productive but fun practices
- Able to address both the development and competitive aspects of the team
- Communicate well with swimmers, head coach, and parents
- Enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated
- Able to work with swimmers from age 5 – 18, can command/earn respect of the older swimmers.
Mandatory Job Requirements:
- The Assistant Coach must be certified as a lifeguard and in CPR.
- Understand NVSL rules and swim meet protocols
- Help coach afternoon practices from May 29 until June 15 from 4 pm until 7:00 pm
- Help coach morning practices from June 18 until July 27 from 7:30 am – 10:45 am
- Help coach the Mini Warriors during the morning practices (times listed above)
- Coach Tuesday and Thursday evening practices from June 19 until July 26 6:30 pm – 7:30pm
- Help coach Dual swim meets, Time Trials, Relay Carnival, Divisionals, B Meets, Woodley’s Invitational Mini meet, and All Stars Individual and Relay.
- Attend as needed special meetings including parent meeting prior to start of season.
- Participate in special team events, including pep rally, socials and team picture.
- Participate in end of the season awards ceremony.
- Assist Head Coach
- Reports to Head Coach
- This is a salary position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Deadline to Apply:
Candidates should apply no later than Feb 28, 2018. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified and interviews will occur in March. Interested candidates should send their resume of qualifications and references to firstname.lastname@example.org