|Team||Country Club Hills|
|Job Title||2018 Assistant Coach|
|The Country Club Hills (CCH) Sharks swim team is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach for their 2018 summer swim season. The CCH swim team, known as the “Sharks”, is co-ed and is comprised of approximately 175 swimmers ranging from 5 to 18 years of age. CCH is located in the heart of Fairfax City near to Daniel’s Run Elementary School. The CCH team achieved 2nd place in NVSL Division 8 in the summer of 2017. Applicants need to be available from the last week of May through the first week of August.
We are looking for an assistant coach with the following qualifications:
- Coaching experience in the NVSL summer swim team league
- Familiarity with NVSL Rules
- Role model for good sportsmanship
- A love of swimming and helping kids be better swimmers
Expected tasks will include:
- Assist Head Coach plan with the summer swim team practices. Practices will start the day after Memorial Day and continue until completion of NVSL Individual All Star championships in early August. While schools are in session, workouts are afternoon/evenings on Mondays through Fridays. Starting at the end of the Fairfax County Public School year, (late June), workouts shift to mornings Mondays through Fridays. The Assistant Coach will primarily be responsible for helpint the Head Coach run FOUR total hours of workouts per weekday. The Assistant Coach will be expected to arrive at least one hour before each daily morning workout with sufficient time to help the Head Coach ready the pool for practice; and, after practices, remain on premises for up to half an hour to clean up the pool.
- Attending, coaching, and observing swimmers in all A and B meets (both home and away), in Relay Carnivals (A and B), Divisionals, and All Stars (both relays and individuals) to the extent any CCH swimmers are participating. This schedule is likely to cover every Saturday morning and Monday evening, from mid-June to the first Saturday in August, plus two-three Wednesday evenings in July.
- Coaching during the meets. The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with all aspects of meet including but not limited to running appropriate warm-ups; assisting Team Rep with appropriate scratches and substitutions in event of injury or no-shows for A meets; ensuring that entered swimmers go to Clerk of Course in a timely manner; and observing individual swims in order to provide swimmers with constructive feedback.
- Particiapate in social events such as pep rallies and team meals.
Mandatory Job Requirements:
- Lifeguard and CPR certified - The Assistant Coach must be certified as a lifeguard and in CPR.