The Ravensworth Farm Swim Team is currently accepting applications for the position of Head Swim Coach. We are looking for an experienced coach with a great attitude, strong stroke development and technical skills, a love of summer swimming, and an enthusiasm for working with swimmers of all ability levels, ages 5-18.
Ravensworth has a long-standing, successful swim program with approximately 125 swimmers who compete in NVSL Division 2 (2017) meets and Fairfax Area Swim Teams (FAST) Developmental League meets. The Ravens swim program is focused on developing technical skills and a life-long love of the sport of swimming.
The Head Coach will be responsible for the following:
- Lead all after-school and morning practices, including 8&U, 9-12 and 13 & over practices.
- Prepare and conduct time trials.
- Prepare for, participate, and attend all NVSL “A” Meets held on Saturday mornings, and all Developmental League “B” Meets held on Monday evenings.
- Prepare for, support, and attend the NVSL Divisional Relay Carnival, the NVSL All Star Relay Carnival, the NVSL Divisional Championship Meet, and the NVSL Individual All Star Meet.
- Prepare meet sheets in coordination with the Swim Team Reps.
- Enthusiastically support and encourage all swimmers at all meets.
- Provide assessments of swimmer’s meet performance, including discussion of swim technique, split times, and DQ corrections.
- Attend and participate in all Swim Team social functions including the Team Photo, Pep Rallys, etc.
- Attend the end-of-season party/banquet and provide assistance with the distribution of swim awards.
- Supervise all assistant coaches and ensure coaches are properly prepared for all practices and meets.
- Previous head swim coaching experience or extensive assistant coaching skills.
- Knowledge in competitive swimming and training techniques and best practices.
- Knowledge of NVSL rules and procedures.
- Experience working with children and competitive level swimmers.
- Passion for teaching proper stroke technique and sportsmanship.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with children, parents, and coaching staff.
- Experience managing swim meets and a coaching staff.
- Must be certified in CPR/First Aid and Lifeguard/Water Safety and Fairfax County pool operator certification (team will assist with obtaining if necessary).
- Knowledge and experience using Hy-Tek software.
Interested individuals should send their resumes to Katherine Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.