|Job Title||2018 Head Coach|
The Poplar Heights Crush Swim Team is located in Falls Church, VA and is currently accepting applications for the position of Head Swim Coach for the 2018 summer swim season. We are looking for an experienced coach with a great attitude, strong stroke development and technical skills, team spirit and enthusiasm. Our ideal candidate will coach for multiple summer seasons. Poplar Heights competed in Division 12 during the 2017 NVSL season with a team of approximately 150 swimmers, ranging in ages from 5-18. Another approximately 25 swimmers participated in our developmental swim program, the Crush Course.
Evening practices will begin Tuesday, May 29, 2018. The morning practices will begin Monday, June 18, 2018.
1. Lead all practices for the swim team, including all age groups.
2. Prepare and conduct time trials
3. Prepare for, support, and attend all NVSL Dual “A” Meets on Saturday mornings and all “B” Meets on Monday evenings. As well as, NVSL Divisional & All-Star Relay Carnivals, NVSL
Divisional Championship Meet and the NVSL Individual All-Star Meet.
4. Conduct two evening practices per week.
5. Attend and participate in Swim Team social functions including the team photo, pep rallies, the end-of-season party and provide assistance with the distribution of swim awards.
6. The Head Coach is responsible for supervising all assistant coaches and ensuring the safety and progression of all swimmers.
7. The Head Coach will ensure that all assistant coaches are properly prepared for all practices and meets.
1. Previous head swim coaching experience or extensive assistant coaching skills in the NVSL or similar league.
2. Knowledge of competitive swimming and training techniques and best practices.
3. Experience working with children of all ages and varying levels of competiveness.
4. Passion for teaching proper stroke technique and sportsmanship.
5. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with children, parents, and coaching staff.
6. Experience managing swim meets and a coaching staff.
7. Must be CPR certified and have Pool Operator’s license (or willingness to get certified)
Candidates should apply as soon as possible. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified and interviews will begin in late December 2017 to early January 2018. This position will be available until filled. Coaching compensation will commensurate with experience and in line with the NVSL survey that generates the average rate of pay and bonuses for head coaches for the applicable 2018 division. Interested candidates should send their resume and qualifications to Chris Cook, firstname.lastname@example.org.