The Assistant Head Swim Team Coach is a summer position for Sleepy Hollow Bath and Racquet club (SHBR) based in Falls Church, VA. SHBR is a development program that welcomes up to 200 swimmers of all abilities. Our goals are to become the best swimmers that we can, demonstrate good sportsmanship and team spirit, and have a fun summer.
A key leader of our team, the Assistant Head Coach is an experienced coach and swimmer. The Assistant Head Coach teaches fundamental swim technique for competitive swim competitions and also serves as a motivational figure who inspires high morale, encourages recruitment of new swimmers, builds team cohesiveness, provides positive reinforcement and communicates effectively with swimmers, parents and team management.
The Assistant Head Coach supports the Head Coach in managing the swim team program: mentoring the assistant coaches, running practices and clinics, selecting meet entries, coaching at meets, and attending team social events.
Candidates should send resume to John Mechem, SHBR Swim Team Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties and Responsibilities Overview
- Coach morning and afternoon practices, coach swim meets and participate in team functions.
- Open/close the pool as neede
- Lead and mentor assistant coaching staff, including organizing and overseeing the practice and coaching schedule.
- Prepare workouts, taking into account the varying skill levels of the swimmers
- Provide swimmer feedback
- Assimilate feedback from Team Representative, coaching staff and swimmers as appropriate
- Prepare meet entries and oversee team performance at competitive events.
- Attend all team functions
- Encourage team participation and foster a welcoming environment for new swimmers.
- Follow Club rules, Team guidelines and water safety guidelines.
- Other duties at required
The candidate shall have:
- Multiple years of competitive swim team experience and experience coaching a team of similar composition.
- A strong foundation in stroke mechanics
- Strong communication skills to interact effectively with swimmers, their parents and team management;
- Lifeguarding certification and Pool Operators license
This is salary position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This job description overview is not an employment agreement or contract.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.