|Team||Old Keene Mill|
|Job Title||2018 Head Coach|
The Old Keene Mill Swim & Racquet Club in Burke, VA is seeking a Head Swim Coach for the 2018 NVSL season. OKM is one of the fastest growing teams in the NVSL, with over 150 swimmers (plus 40 minis) who are eager to continue their improvement. OKM just completed an exciting undefeated season in Div. 13 and will likely move to a harder division.
OKM is looking for an enthusiastic leader who has a passion for competitive swimming, strong technical and training knowledge, and the ability to communicate effectively with assistant coaches, swimmers, parents, and team reps. OKM has one of the few 50-meter pools in the NVSL, and our facility offers ample pool space for an imaginative coach to promote a fun and competitive environment for all types of swimmers.
The Head Coach oversees all aspects of the OKM swim program. Responsibilities include: managing and mentoring the coaching staff (including the Mini Osprey coaches), developing fun and challenging workouts, leading the team in all meets (and creating meet lineups), and participating in social and spirit-building events.
Requirements for the position include:
- Pool operator’s license (or willingness to get certified)
- Lifeguard certification or CPR/Water Safety certifications
- Previous coaching experience – head coach and NVSL experience preferred
- Knowledge of proper swimming technique and the ability to teach it to swimmers of all levels and ages
- Knowledge of NVSL rules and Hy-Tek team/meet software preferred
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to Dave Bell at: email@example.com