|Job Title||2018 Assistant Coach|
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Hiddenbrook Swim & Tennis Club swim team is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach for their 2018 summer swim season. The Hiddenbrook Hurricanes Swim Team is made up of approximately 180 swimmers ranging from four to 18 years of age. The team is comprised of a competitive team and a developmental squad (Waterspouts) for our youngest kids.
Hiddenbrook is located in Herndon. For the 2017 season, the Hurricanes were led by longtime assistant coach and first-year head coach Jonathan Radow and an experienced staff; rising six divisions in just two years and going undefeated for the third consecutive season, winning the Division 6 Championship.
We are looking for an Assistant Coach with the following qualifications:
- Able to address both the developmental and competitive aspects of the team
- Good communicator, with both parents and swimmers
- Mature, responsible, doesn’t need to be supervised
- Enthusiastic, energetic
- Can work with kids from ages 4 –18, can command/earn respect from the older kids
Duties- Attend NVSL Coaches Clinic and NVSL Stroke and Turn Clinic
- Understand NVSL rules and swim meet protocols
- Help conduct all practices beginning Memorial Day through NVSL All-Stars
- Help coach Saturday morning swim meets including Time Trials, NVSL Dual Meets, Divisional Meet and NVSL All Stars
- Help coach evening meets including Monday B Meets and Relay Carnivals
- Help coach during Herndon Olympics (all-day event)
- Attend special meetings including parent meeting prior to start of season
- Assist in preparation of Meet Sheets with team reps
- Participate in special events including pep rallies and team social events
- Participate in end of season award banquet
Deadline to Apply:
Candidates should apply no later than December 8, 2017. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified and interviews will occur in late December/mid-January 2018. Interested candidates should send their resume of qualifications and references to email@example.com.