|Team||Country Club Hills|
|Job Title||2018 Head Coach|
|The Country Club Hills (CCH) Sharks swim team is accepting applications for the position of Head Coach for their 2018 summer swim season. The CCH swim team, known as the “Sharks”, is co-ed and is comprised of approximately 175 swimmers ranging from 5 to 18 years of age. CCH is located in the heart of Fairfax City near to Daniel’s Run Elementary School. The CCH team achieved 2nd place in NVSL Division 8 in the summer of 2017. Applicants need to be available from the last week of May through the first week of August.
We are looking for a head coach with the following qualifications:
- Coaching experience in the NVSL summer swim team league
- Familiarity with NVSL Rules
- Role model for good sportsmanship
- Ability to hire and mentor assistant coach(es)
- A love of swimming and helping kids be better swimmers
Expected tasks will include:
- Plan and run the summer swim team practices. Practices will start the day after Memorial Day and continue until completion of NVSL Individual All Star championships in early August. While schools are in session, workouts are afternoon/evenings on Mondays through Fridays. Starting at the end of the Fairfax County Public School year, (late June), workouts shift to mornings Mondays through Fridays. The Head Coach will primarily be responsible for running FOUR total hours of workouts per weekday. The Head Coach will be expected to arrive at least before each daily morning workout with sufficient time to ready pool for practice; and, after practices, remain on premises for up to half an hour to clean up the pool.
- Creating the lineups for A meets. This is generally a Tuesday and Thursday afternoon or evening function every week preceding a Saturday A meet.
- Attending, coaching, and observing swimmers in all A and B meets (both home and away), in Relay Carnivals (A and B), Divisionals, and All Stars (both relays and individuals) to the extent any CCH swimmers are participating. This schedule is likely to cover every Saturday morning and Monday evening, from mid-June to the first Saturday in August, plus two-three Wednesday evenings in July.
- Coaching during the meets. The Head Coach is responsible for running appropriate warm-ups; assisting Team Rep with appropriate scratches and substitutions in event of injury or no-shows for A meets; ensuring that entered swimmers go to Clerk of Course in a timely manner; and observing individual swims in order to provide swimmers with constructive feedback.
Mandatory Job Requirements:
- Pool Operator Certification. The Head Coach is required to have a pool operator certificate and must provide a copy of his/her Fairfax County Pool Operator Certificate by May 1, 2018. The Head Coach must maintain valid certification through the end of the first week in August 2018
- Lifeguard and CPR certified - The Head Coach must be certified as a lifeguard and in CPR.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com