NVSL Swim News & Information
Streamlines - NVSL News 3/12/18Mon, 3-12-2018 | Kelly Parry
Welcome to the 63rd season of the NVSL.
Our WEBSITE – myNVSL.com: User ID and password requests (Team Reps only) for the website should be sent to askNVSL@gmail.com or Joe Mattis at email@example.com. “What secrets are opened with a password?” you might be asking. Well, myNVSL.com offers Team Reps the ability to create a team website (announcements, calendar, documents, contacts, etc.) within the League’s website. The more common use of a myNVSL account is to download 2017 results (CL2 files) at the start of the season to get some intel on the new teams within your division.
Review the "Join a 2018 NVSL Pool" document. Email any updates or edits.
CLINICS and OFFICIALS: We will continue to have the Officials’ Attendance Information online and it will be updated accordingly. Questions regarding attendance should be directed to Dave DiNardo at 301-520-6209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
COACHING ADS: Send the ad (Word format) that you want posted under the "COACHES" tab to askNVSL@gmail.com and it will be added. If you have already posted an ad and the job position has been filled, please send a message so that it can removed.
TWITTER: Follow us @swimNVSL
The rule change proposal votes are in.Tue, 2-27-2018 | Kelly Parry
(Yes-No-Abstain) % in favor
- YES on medals for Divisionals instead of plaques. (72-30-0) 70.6%
- NO on False Start modification (50-41-11) 54.9%
- YES on using best time ladders to seed divisionals instead of A-meet times only (70-31-1) 69.3%
- NO on changing the dual meet 13/14 100 meter relay to a 200 (56-42-4) 57.1%
- YES on a deadline to submit a record timecard to the records chair (90-12-0) 88.2%
Remember: Adopting a new rule requires a two-thirds (66.7%) favorable vote of the Team Reps present and voting. The submitted Rule Change Proposals can be found here.
2018 Season's Division SeedingSun, 2-25-2018 | Seeding Committee
1 Chesterbrook Overlee Tuckahoe Highlands Swim McLean Langley 2 Wakefield Chapel Little Rocky Run Fairfax Hamlet Vienna Aquatic Dowden Terrace 3 Hunt Valley Hunter Mill Mount Vernon Park Donaldson Run Lee-Graham High Point 4 Ravensworth Lakevale Estates Virginia Run Crosspointe Vienna Woods Hiddenbrook 5 Dunn Loring Poplar Tree Oakton Cardinal Hill Pinecrest Greenbriar 6 Fair Oaks Lakeview Sleepy Hollow Bath Mantua Orange Hunt Villa Aquatic 7 Mosby Woods Sully Station Kent Gardens Dominion Hills Arlington Forest Country Club Hills 8 Cottontail Waynewood Fox Mill Woods Sleey Hollow Rec Rutherford Walden Glen 9 Fox Mill Estates Riverside Gardens Sideburn Run Hollin Meadows Camelot Mansion House 10 Highland Park Great Falls Virginia Hills Annandale Somerset-Olde Creek Canterbury Woods 11 Fairfax Station South Run Laurel Hill Poplar Heights Fairfax Club Estates Old Keene Mill 12 Forest Hollow Sully Station II Brandywine Kings Ridge Stratford Shouse Village 13 Rolling Forest Springboard Truro Hayfield Farm Rolling Hills Little Hunting Park 14 Brookfield Ilda Holmes Run Burke Station Woodley Rolling Valley 15 Fox Hunt Long Branch Lake Braddock Hollin Hills Lincolnia Park Herndon 16 Parliament Daventry Parklawn Commonwealth Village West Broyhill Crest 17 Pleasant Valley Newington Forest North Springfield Springfield Edsall Park Pinewood Lake
Streamlines - NVSL News 2/1/18Thu, 2-1-2018 | Kelly Parry
Take your mark .......
Our Seeding Meeting officially kicks off the season and it is scheduled for Sunday, February 25th at Hayfield Secondary School, 7630 Telegraph Road in Alexandria. The meeting begins with our New Team Rep clinic at noon and runs approximately one hour. We encourage all new Team Reps to attend this important clinic. All Team Reps should report by 1:00 pm to register and to pick up their team packets and meet with the NVSL vendors. Our regular session meeting will begin at 2 pm, and at 3 pm, you will meet with your Division Coordinator to finalize the season's schedules. Team Rep contact information will be collected at the Seeding Meeting.
- If your pool is interested in hosting a divisional meet, make sure you check with your pool board before the meeting if you need to receive permission. Divisional Relay Carnival is on July 11th and Individual Divisionals is on July 28th and the rain/thunder date for Relay Carnival is on July 12th.
- Again this year, you may order 25, 50, 75 or 100 Handbooks at no cost. Please place your order at the meeting.
- Are you still in need of a coach? If so, it is not too late to post a job advertisement on the NVSL website. Just send the ad (Word format) that you want posted to askNVSL@gmail.com and it will be added to the NVSL website. If you have already posted an ad and the job position has been filled, please send a message so that it can removed.
- The document currently named "Join a 2017 NVSL Pool" gets updated yearly. It is provided to people when questions are asked about joining one of our League pools. Please review this document and provide your updated information.
SEEDING MEETING Schedule:
- Team Rep check-in 11:45 am - 1:45 pm
- New Team Rep Clinic from noon to 1 pm (MS Lecture Hall, Room 1604)
- Vendor show from noon to 2 pm (Main hallway outside of gym)
- General session starts promptly at 2 pm in the MS Lecture Hall
- Rules discussion and voting 2:30-3 pm
- Seeding distribution and break-out sessions 3-4 pm (Assigned classrooms by divisions)
While rules discussions and voting are often complicated, to avoid an additional meeting specific to rules, the plan is to conclude these proposals with votes at this meeting. To accomplish this:
- Carefully read through the 2018 rule change proposals.
- If you have comments and/or questions, email askNVSL@gmail.
- Please use restraint at the meeting - don't repeat or state the obvious.
- Discussion will be controlled by a monitor (no rambling).
- A single written voting ballot will be used for submission of votes.
- A Rules Meeting will be scheduled for March 11th if we are unable to complete the process in the allotted time.
Note: Seeding Meeting is for Team Reps and invited guests only.
- More News